Friday, December 30, 2005

Okay, it's pretty much first thing in the morning here in the MidWest. I've got a hot mug of tea, shortly to be followed by coffee, good standards on via the good grace of the Sirius folks, and a happy hound at my feet. Now I think I might be ready to answer the following:

7 Things to Do Before I Die:
-Walk the red carpet at the Oscars. I have zero acting aspirations, I'm just curious to see what it's like to have a million flashbulbs going off in your face.
-Have at least four wildly different books published
-Open and own and operate a coffee-shop-cum-lending-library
-Ironman
-Own a place on the Upper West Side
-Be in a position to put some backbone and muscle behind a humanitarian not-for-profit of sorts

7 Things I Cannot Do:
-Deal with lame people who have no sense of humor about themselves
-Play the sax (to be rectified)
-Draw anything other than witty doodles (to be rectified)
-Cook without a glass of wine and a good friend next to me
-Not go into a bookstore, if only just to breathe the air
-Shop aimlessly
-Lie to my friends

7 things that attract me to people:
-Beauty
-Wit
-Fun
-Willingness to learn, teach, and share
-Sportsmanship
-Smarts
-Humility


7 Things I Say Most Often:
-Goodness!
-He [or she, or that] is SUCH a PR disaster
-OH MY GOD I love this [song, book, movie]
-Hunh!
-Oh, for f*ck's sake.
-Wait, what?
-I've only read/seen/heard part of that book/movie/series/album

7 Books or Series I Love:
-Tess of the D'Urburvilles (don't ask)
-The Little Prince
-The Phantom Tollbooth
-Le Savon
-The WPA Guide to New York
-Frank Lloyd Wright's Rooms
-Anna Karenina


7 Movies I can watch over and over:
-Dial M for Murder
-Any of the Muppets DVDs
-The Fifth Element
-My Fair Lady
-The Thin Man series
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail OR The Life of Brian
-Pillow Talk

7 people I want to join in:
-Max
-PB
-KT, but you've already done it
-MH
-BCL
-MVD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home